Welcome to the Physiotherapy Clinic
Physiotherapy is a health care profession concerned with human function and movement and maximizing potential. It uses physical approaches to promote, maintain, and restore physical, psychological and social wellbeing, taking account of variation in health status.
To become the best hub of Physiotherapy services in Ghana
- Working in a team with other Sub – BMCs, the Physiotherapy Department aspires to provide the highest quality of preventive, curative and rehabilitative services to its clients within available resources.
- Develop excellence in teaching.
- Develop our staff through programs to enable them to operate in an effective and efficient manner.
- To promote research and dissemination of useful information to the general public
- Provides preventive, curative and rehabilitative services to both in and out patients
- Involved in the conduction of researches and facilitation of training of new therapist
- Health promotion to the general public.
- Myofacial Release Therapy
- Deep tissue Massage
- Relaxation Massage
- Medical Massage
- Parkinsons Clinic
- Heamophilia clinic
- Lymphodaema Clinic
- Acupuncture Dry needling clinic
- Provide physiotherapy services to clients on in and output patient basis.
- Teaching/Supervising Physiotherapy students and physiotherapy assistants’ Students and Interns.
- Special clinics for parkinsons, haemophilic, LYMPHOEDEMA and stroke clients.
- Intensive care physiotherapy for clients in intensive care or critically ill.
- Outreach to the communities and general public
ORTHOPAEDIC TEAM (COVERS ACCIDENT CENTRE/ORTHOPAEDICS WARDS/ALLIED WARDS).
1. Shelia Klufio
2. Felix O Asomaning
SURGICAL TEAM ( COVERS ICU AND RECOVERY WARDS, SURGICAL BLOCK)
Medical Team (COVERS THE MEDICAL WARDS, FEVERS, POLYCLINIC, SME, STROKE UNIT)
3. Kweku B. Acheampong
BURNS AND PLASTIC
2.Mercy A. Agtuahene
CTU (COVERS ICU & NCTU WARDS, MATERNITY, CHENARD, CHEST CLINIC)
1.Asabea O. Appiah
2.Kow D. Acquaah
5.Delali P. Asubonteng
6.Edmund S. Lotsu
PAEDIATRIC TEAM (COVERS NICU, OPD PAEDIATRICS (PHYSIO AND CHILD HEALTH DEPARTMENT)
- Musculoskeletal treatment; it involves therapeutic intervention to musculoskeletal condition such as low back pain, spondylosis, joint extremities pain etc.Therapeutic intervention might include but not limited to ice therapy, electrotherapy, manual therapy etc.
- Stroke rehabilitation; is a progressive, dynamic, goal orientated process aimed at enabling a person with stroke to reach their optimal physical, cognitive, emotional, communicative, and social functional level
- Post Trauma Rehabilitation; offers comprehensive and integrated therapeutic intervention to those with acute work place injury and motor vehicle accident. example is head injury and fracture management
- Sports Physiotherapy; This deals with injuries and issues related to sports people. Sports injuries do differ to everyday injuries. Athletes normally require high level performance and demand placed upon their body, which stresses their muscles, joints and bones to the limit.
- Post-Surgical Rehabilitation; is necessary for a variety of surgical procedures including orthopaedic, cardiac, thoracic, neurological and abdominal surgery. All types of surgery present with a number of postoperative consequences which can be helped with physiotherapy. Example post-laminectomy physiotherapy management
- Medical rehabilitation; Are available for individuals with physical, cognitive, sensory and/or emotional disabilities, such as those related to spinal cord injury, stroke, traumatic brain injury or other neurological or autoimmune conditions
- Paediatric Physiotherapy; is designed to improve the abilities of children with congenital conditions and young people following major injury, illness or medical procedures which affect their function. Paediatric rehabilitation programs aim to maximise the ability of the child to participate in activities at home, school and the community.
- Burns and Plastic Surgery Rehabilitation; offers a comprehensive service to inpatients and outpatients following major and minor burns, plastic surgery. Services also include scar management clinics, therapy for on-going rehabilitation after burns injury or plastic surgery and respiratory physiotherapy.